Free Automotive Manufacturing Course
Westmeath Community Development offers Free Automotive Manufacturing Course in conjunction with DECOTEK Automotive
Due to rapid expansion and new business acquisition, DECOTEK Automotive are looking for people to join their team.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in working in the manufacturing industry in roles such as general operatives, no prior learning or work experience necessary. This is a foundation level course, however people with prior manufacturing experience will be given priority. Taking part will potentially open up new and exciting opportunities to join the DECOTEK Automotive team.
Taking part on this course will give you:
- First-hand knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and ISO standards regulations and work practices within the automotive industry
- An insight into Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- An introduction to Lean and Six Sigma production/process systems
- Outstanding interview skills where you will learn how to demonstrate your talents, skills and work behaviours linking them to the roles, responsibilities and work activities DECOTEK Automotive are seeking
- An excellent understanding of the role of general opertive, the work activities involved in the job and a great insight into the work ethos of DECOTEK Automotive
- A direct link with DECOTEK Automotive and an interview for the position of general operative in May 2019.
Course Content - 5 introductory modules:
- History of DECOTEK Automotive: company background, customers, manufacturing
- Good Manufacturing Practice
- Corrective and preventative Action – CAPA
- Lean and Six Sigma
- Quality Control
- Manual handling Certificate
Course Dates: 5 days per week (Monday to Friday) for 2 weeks from 10 am to 4 pm
Delivered from: Westmeath Community Development (Mullingar)
Site visit: Site visits to DECOTEK Automotive
Course Start Date: Wednesday 8th May to Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Number of Places: 16
Eligibility: Jobseekers over 18 years
- Email Tricia at email@example.com for a course application form.
- Return completed form by email before Friday 3rd May 2019.
- Interviews will be on Tuesday 7th May with successful applicants commencing the course the next day 8th of May.