Request for Tender: ACE Schools Programme nutrition research project in the community
Westmeath Community Development seeks tenders for the ACE Schools Programme. Closing date is Fri 10th August 2018.
The ACE (Activity Confidence Eating) Schools Programme is an example of a whole school intervention, focused on promoting four main aspects of health within the school i.e. nutrition, physical activity, mental and dental health. The programme is part of the Health Promoting Schools initiative in the midlands region. The programme aims to encourage schools to develop health promoting environments; making the healthy choice the easier choice for all in the school community. Each school that signs up to the ACE Schools Programme will aim to work towards an award / recognition level of their choice and will be helped supported through out the academic year by the programme’s ACE Schools Supporter. This academic year (2018-2019) the ACE Schools Programme will be rolled out across the 4 counties of the midlands: Laois, Offaly, Longford and Westmeath.
The ACE Schools Programme Supporter:
The researcher will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide support for existing schools in the ACE Schools Programme
- Up to 25 on-going schools
- Recruit up to 5 extra schools to the ACE schools Programme
- Provide training and support for new schools recruited into the ACE Schools Programme through the Health Promoting Schools Programme.
- Liaison with Community Nutrition and Dietetic Service and Health Promoting Schools Officers.
- Development of newsletters for schools throughout the academic year
- Recording all information gathered at each school visit and provision of formal reports on school progress.
- Award / recognition level determination in consultation with ACE Schools Programme Team.
- Act as a liaison with the schools regarding awards levels received – clarifying any issues that may have arisen
The researcher will liaise with WCD; the Community Nutrition & Dietetic service and Health promotion service; on a regular basis with regards to progress with the project.
- Degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics form DIT/TCD or equivalent.
- Experience in community dietetics and/or research in dietetics for young people.
- Registered as self employed (evidence required)
- Professional indemnity insurance (evidence required)
- Car driver with full licence
Charlotte Johnston, Senior Community Dietitian, Phone: 086 6012160 firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: September 2018- August 2019
Starting date: September 2018
Application: Tenders to be submitted to
Frank Murtagh, Assistant CEO,
Westmeath Community Development
Mullingar E.T.I. Ctr
Mullingar Business Park
Closing Date for tender submission: 10th August 2018