The ‘Healthy Incentive for Pre-schools’ (HIP) project is an ongoing child care intervention in the midlands which aims to evaluate pre-schools’ progress through an incentive scheme to improve pre-school nutrition practices in full day care (FDC) pre-schools. These provide care for children aged 3 months to 5 years for greater than 5 hours per day. The project aims to encourage full day care pre-schools to follow best practice in accordance with particular guidelines given to them, over the course of a year, with the help and support of health worker (HIP Supporter) who is trained to facilitate the pre-school in the award process. Full day care pre-schools have been enrolled in the project since 2008 and in 2012-2013 have been revisited to ascertain their progress in relation to the HIP project guidelines.
The Schools’ ACE nutrition research project:
This research project consists of the following:
- Gathering relevant analysis, data, results and information on the progress of the Healthy Incentive for Pre-schools project in 2012-2013
- Write up a review and project finding
The findings of this research will influence further work in this area & influence the practice of Dietitians.
The researcher will carry out the following tasks:
- Conducting a literature review in relation to the project.
- Collating the relevant and pertinent project data.
- Analysis of the data using SPSS
- Formulation of results and making of project recommendations
- Writing up a review and project findings for publication in Lenus, the Irish Healthcare Repository, performing stakeholder consultation and submission for publication
The researcher will liaise with WCD and the Community Nutrition & Dietetic service on a regular basis with regards to progress with the project.
- Degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics form DIT/TCD or equivalent.
- Experience in community dietetics and/or research in dietetics for young people.
- Registered as self employed ( evidence required)
- Professional indemnity insurance (evidence required)
Duration: 12 weeks
Starting date: June 15th 2013
Informal enquiries contact:
Elmary Purtill, Senior Community Dietitian, Community Nutrition & Dietetic Service, HSE Offices, Burlington Business Park, Sragh Rd, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
Email: Elmary.firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 086 6012158
Tenders to be submitted to:
Mr. Frank Murtagh, WCDL, c/o ACT, Ball Alley Lane, Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
Closing Date for tender submission: May 20th 2013, 5pm