LCDP Youth Grants 2014
Westmeath Community Development are pleased to announce the Youth grant scheme for 2014.
Applications are invited from youth groups/organisations who are working with young people aged 10-18 in either Athlone/Mullingar RAPID areas or other designated rural disadvantaged areas in Westmeath.
Eligible activities that groups can apply for are:
- Development of facilities where young people can meet in informal relaxed settings. These could include Youth cafes and drop in centres.-Can include equipment and materials which must be NEW.
- Support for projects and initiatives which promote the participation and involvement of young people in the arts and other creative activities.
- Support for Comhairle Na Og as a mechanism for linking into the views, opinions and ideas of young people in Co Westmeath.
- Once off events will be considered, providing they are new initiatives and have a focus on reducing poverty and social exclusion.
- Due to limited funding available, this grant is NOT OPEN to Sports groups.
- Priority will be given to the development of Youth Services & Youth Cafes operating in RAPID or other designated rural disadvantaged areas.
Grant monies available are between €2,000- €5000 per project: Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 12th March at 5pm.
Please read grant information sheet below prior to completion of application form (Below):
To obtain grant information sheet and application form please contact:
Linda-Jo Quinn/Arlene Kelly
On 090 64 94555 ( Athlone office) or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org