Training Opportunity - Medical Device & Cosmetic Manufacturing Course
Westmeath Community Development (WCD), Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection (DEASP)
in conjunction with Europharma Concepts Ltd (EPC) offers a Free Training Opportunity with our
Medical Device Drug & Cosmetic Manufacturing Course
Monday 5th March at 11.30 am in
Annebrook House Hotel
= All Welcome! =
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone interested in working in the medical or pharmaceutical industry in roles such as general operatives, clean room operatives or QA and operation roles. No prior learning or work experience necessary, this is a foundation level course.
Key learning objectives of the course are:
- Understand the Regulations that govern the medical device sector
- Increased knowledge of all fundamental principles for all personnel involved in the management and operations of cleanrooms
- Gain knowledge on how GMP regulations and ISO standards define cleanroom design, operation and validation
- Gain an understanding of risk management for medical device, medicinal drug manufacture and cosmetics
- Gain knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
- Gain an in-depth understanding of terminology, improve your interview skills, and link your abilities and skills to specific job roles and responsibilities in this industry.
Course Content - There are 10 introductory modules:
1. Introduction to medical device, medicinal drug and cosmetic manufacturing.
2. Good Manufacturing Practice.
3. Risk Management.
5. Corrective and preventative Action – CAPA.
6. Project Management.
7. Design Control.
8. Calibration and preventative maintenance.
9. Lean and Six Sigma.
Course Dates: 4 day per week (Tuesday to Friday) for 12 weeks
Delivered from: Westmeath Community Development Mullingar
Site visits: Site visits to EPC in Clara – transport provided
Course Start Date: Tuesday 20th March to 8th June 2018
Number of Places: 16
Eligibility: Jobseekers over 18 years
Return completed form by email before Thursday 9th March 2018.
Interviews will be held week commencing 12th March 2018.
Please note: Full participation is required on the course. There are a limited number of places so apply soon. Potential links to employers in this industry will be created for successful course participants.