National Learning Network are currently recruiting candidates that fulfill the following criteria:
- Persons aged between 16 and 65 years
- Currently in receipt of a statutory payment from the DSP, in the form of Disability Allowance, Blind Pension, Invalidity Pension, Injury illness Pension.
Our goal is to provide people, who are in receipt of a disability payment, with practical personal development plans, which deal with many aspects of their lives, including motivation, stability as well as job specific skills. We are also mapping client’s personal progression with our project, from start to finish. The end result for many of our clients may be from a personal improvement in their lives, to full time employment.
The Personal Employment Pathway (PEP) project is a new initiative jointly funded by the European Social Fund and the Department of Social Protection. The main aim of the programme is to increase the capacity and potential of people on disability/illness welfare payments to participate in the labour market, based on a case management approach.
The PEP project will work with clients across three counties namely Laois, Offaly and Westmeath over a three year period with offices located in Athlone, Mullingar, Portlaoise and Tullamore and Key workers attached to each area who will provide an outreach service into the communities.
The Personal Employment Pathway will provide:
- Pro-Active outreach strategies in communities to meet participants.
- Personalized standardized and non-standardized assessment of needs.
- Bespoke employability skills workshops geared towards the needs of the group.
- Job Tasters.
- Measurement of impact of an inclusive labor market integration strategy for people with disabilities for the period January 2012 – April 2015
If you would like to learn more about this project, contact Levina Reeves, at 086 1740793 or email me email@example.com at your convenience.
Further information is available at http://www.nln.ie/About-National-Learning-Network/PEP-Programme.aspx