Rural Tourism Product Development Animation Project
Terms of Reference
Westmeath Community Development (WCD) wishes to engage suitably qualified person(s) to undertake an Animation Project with rural dwellers interested in developing tourism projects that capitalise on the natural resources in County Westmeath.
Westmeath known as the “Lake County” has an abundance of lakes, rivers and waterways. The Royal Canal also traverses the county and is open to navigation from Dublin through to Clondra in County Longford where it enters the Shannon. The county’s natural resources provide opportunities to develop new recreational offerings which will benefit both existing rural tourism providers as well as new entrants to the sector.
The person(s) appointed will be required to:
- Assist the company to achieve its objectives in enhancing the Rural Tourism Product offering in County Westmeath.
- Meet with project promoters on a one to one basis to assist them to progress projects to come forward for funding through the Rural Development Programme. (both on site and in WCD’s offices).
- Provide mentoring to clients on all aspects of their business.
- Liaise with WCD’s staff on a regular basis with regards to progress of promoters’ projects.
The appointed person(s) must have a strong background in tourism product development and must demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the Rural Development/LEADER Programme.
Time scale for delivery
It is envisaged that this contract will be carried out over a 6 month period for 30 days to commence in September 2012.
Guidance on Presentation of Tenders
Tenders should contain the following information:
- Details of relevant experience
- Demonstrate how the individuals/organisationmeets the requirements and including CV’s of individuals who will be involved in the delivery of the contract.
- Demonstrate how the contract will be managed. This should cover:
- Identification and management of any potential conflicts of interest
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Tax Clearance Certificate (valid throughout duration of project)
- Details of daily rates for everyone expected to be involved in the contract (costs should include travel and any subsistence costs anticipated)
- Details of any other organisation to be used in this contract.
Completed tenders should be submitted to:
Westmeath Community Development Ltd.
Enterprise Technology and Innovation Centre,
Clonmore Industrial Estate,
Reference: Rural Tourism Animation Project
Closing date: 31st July 2012