Getting through COVID-19 Together!
We wish to encourge anyone who is struggling, to reach out and avail of a range of onlie & phone supports, provided by the HSE and our partners, that can be found on YourMentalHealth.ie.
For people who need help managing at home the following are the top ten pieces of advice
1. Stay connected - keeping in touch with people, and talking about how you feel, can really help
2. Create a routine - if you’re at home, getting up, staying active and eating at regular times helps you feel more in control
3. Stay Active - whether you’re indoors or can still go out for exercise, move around as much as you can
4. Have a healthy diet - this advice never changes - but eating well really does help your mood
5. Reduce stress - you’re not working from home - you’re at home, in a crisis, trying to work or homeschool children. There’s lots of great ways to reduce stress.
6. Stop scrolling – switch off - it’s good to keep informed but try to limit how much news you’re following and take a break every day
7. Get creative - try some activities like painting, singing, dance. No one is watching.
8. Help others - see if your neighbours need any help with shopping or medicines
9. For those cocooning – look for supports from the Community Call lines in each area
10. Visit gov.ie/together for more Sources and Services that can help