COVID-19 Stability Fund for Community and Voluntary, Charity and Social Enterprises
The Department of Rural and Community Development is funding the COVID-19 Stability Fund for Community and Voluntary, Charity and Social Enterprises. If you are a community and voluntary organisation, social enterprise or charity and you are in urgent need of funding to help your organisation through COVID-19, please read the information below to find out more. €35m has been made available through the Dormant Accounts Fund.
The primary aim of the Stability Fund is to assist community and voluntary, charity and social enterprises who are experiencing financial difficulties due to a reduction in their fundraising income and / or traded income as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Organisations must be delivering front-line critical services in the Republic of Ireland, before the 1st January 2019, to be eligible to apply.
- Organisations must have a projected loss in their 2020 fundraising income and / or traded income of 25% or more as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic to be eligible to apply.
Eligible organisations can apply for a once-off grant towards their operational and overhead costs such a rent, utilities, (excluding salaries) for the next few months.
The Scheme will be focusing on organisations providing supports and services in the following sectors:-
- Health and Social Care (including addiction, disability and mental health)
- Child and Family Services (including counselling/therapies)
- Domestic/Sexual/Gender based violence
- Community Services (e.g. meals on wheels/befriending services/old age supports/vulnerable people’s support groups etc.)
- Community Education Sector
The grant awarded will be dependent on the need identified and the demand for the available budget. It is envisaged that grants awarded will vary in size ranging from €2,000 to €100,000.
Opening date for applications is Monday 11th May 2020
Closing date for application is Wednesday 20th May 2020 at 5pm
Please note that the Stability Fund portal will automatically close at 5pm on Wednesday 20th May, 2020.
You will not be able to submit your application after this date and time. Your application form will remain as a draft and will not be considered.
Only online application forms will be accepted for consideration. Hard copy or e-mail applications will not be considered.
This funding is available to ensure that those most vulnerable and disadvantaged in our society continue to receive services and supports in this difficult period.