Request for Tender Childhood Obesity Research Project - Follow up audit
WCD seeks tenders for a Childhood Obesity Research Project - Follow up audit.
Overweight and obesity is increasing worldwide amongst both adults and children and has been described as a ‘global epidemic’ (WHO 2003). Excess weight in childhood can have serious health consequences in both childhood and adult life.
A community service has been set up to address this childhood issue in counties Laois, Offaly, Longford and Westmeath. This is collaboration between the community nutrition and dietetic service and WCDL.
Recent research assessed the effectiveness of this community approach to the treatment of childhood obesity/overweight.
A follow up study undertaken to determine parent needs with regard to dietetic input for their children, has been undertaken.
This research project will collate the information collected from parents and will inform future dietetic practice.
The researcher will carry out the following tasks:
- Review relevant literature
- Review records and collate pertinent information
- Develop a database and input data using SPSS
- Analyse data and formulate results and conclusions in consultation with supervisors
- Make recommendations based on results and relevant literature.
- Draft article and circulate for comments.
- Amend as necessary depending on referees comments and suggestions until article is accepted for publication.
- Make final adjustments depending on referees and editor comments and submit for publication.
- Write up, submit for publication and have published an article in an appropriate journal or repository
The researcher will liaise with WCDL and the Community Nutrition & Dietetic service on a regular basis with regards to progress with the project.
- Degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics from DIT/TCD or equivalent.
- Registered as self employed (evidence required)
- Professional indemnity insurance (evidence required)
- Evidence of project management experience
- Evidence of good time management
- Proficient in use of SPSS and access to same
Charlotte Johnston (086-6012160 / email@example.com), Senior Community Dietitians, Community Nutrition & Dietetic Service, Primary Care Unit, St. Loman’s Hospital, Mullingar.
Starting date: 9th October 2017
Tenders to be submitted to:
Westmeath Community Development
Mullingar E.T.I. Ctr
Mullingar Business Park
Closing Date for tender submission: 29th September 2017, 5 pm