Tenders for ACE Schools Programme Supporter
The Schools’ Activity Confidence Eating (ACE) Programme is part of the Health Promoting Schools initiative in the Midlands region. It is an example of a whole school intervention, focused on promoting four main aspects of health within the school i.e. nutrition, physical activity, mental and dental health that includes a schools’ incentive scheme.
The project aims to encourage schools to draw up a tailored and individualised health policy in accordance with particular guidelines given to them, over the course of a year, with the help and support of health worker (Schools’ ACE Supporter) who is trained to facilitate the school in developing and implementing their health policy and supporting schools in their submission for an ACE Schools’ Programme Award.
The ACE Schools’ Programme is currently seeking tenders for the provision of support to schools based in the counties Laois, Offaly, Westmeath and Galway who are taking part in the ACE Schools’ Programme for the academic year 2012-2013.
A number of Primary schools across the midlands currently participate in the programme (1 in Laois; 3 in Westmeath; 1 in Galway) and a number have registered to participate in the ACE School’s Programme in the coming academic year (7 in Offaly; 3 in Westmeath & 1 in Laois).
The ACE Schools’ Programme is currently seeking tenders for the provision of support to Longford schools taking part in the ACE Schools’ Programme for the academic year 2012-2013.
A number of primary schools in Co. Longford currently participate in the programme (12). The ACE schools supporter’s role is to give schools assistance in their healthy policy development, and their participation in the award submission process, part of this role will be to visit each school and liaise between the school and community health professionals (dietitians, physical activity co-ordinator etc).
The ACE schools supporter’s role is to give schools assistance in their healthy policy development, and their participation in the award submission process, part of this role will be to visit each school and liaise between the school and community health professionals (dietitians, physical activity co-ordinator etc).
The Supporter Role:
The Supporter will carry out the following tasks:
- Visit each school at least twice in the academic year (two visits for current schools and three visits for new schools);
- Provision of standardised ACE Schools’ nutrition information sessions to parents in the school setting;
- Collect pertinent and required information from schools using the ACE Schools’ Process evaluation forms / checklists.
- Liaise with the relevant schools, Community Health Professionals and ACE Schools’ Co-ordinator as necessary.
- Attendance at Supporter training, updates and schools’ training sessions.
The Supporter will liaise with WCDL and the Community Nutrition & Dietetic service on a regular basis with regards to their progress with each individual school.
- Be a good communicator
- Evidence of project management experience
- Degree in Human Nutrition &/ or Dietetics from a recognised third level institute. Qualifications standard should allow for either state registration in Dietetics or Associate Nutritionist/ Registered Nutritionist under AsN.
- Full Driving licence and access to transport
- Tax clearance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
Successful applicants must submit to Garda Clearance
For all enquiries contact: Ms. Maria Murtagh, Community Nutrition & Dietetic Service, Marlinstown Office Park, Mullingar, Co.Westmeath.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone: 044 93 53220.
Tenders to be submitted to: Mr. Frank Murtagh, WCDL, c/o ACT, Ball Alley Lane, Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
Closing date for receipt of tenders is July 27th