Westmeath Community Development
(in collaboration with HSE)
Applications are invited for the following post
1 Full Time PHCP Co-ordinator/Community Dev Officer for Travellers
(One year contract which may be extended subject to funding)
The position will be based in Mullingar, but working throughout Co Westmeath, and the primary role will be to Co-ordinate the Primary Health Care Project and carry out Community Development work with Travellers in Westmeath.
Ideal Candidates should have:
- 3rd level qualification in Health Promotion/Community Development
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a community development setting.
- Experience of staff support and supervision
- Very good understanding and knowledge of Traveller Policy
- Good Communication, Facilitation and IT skills
- Experience of working in partnership with statutory, community and voluntary agencies.
- Knowledge and or experience of Health Promotion in a Community Development Setting
- A good understanding of the Social Determinants of Health
- Full clean driving licence and access to use of a car