Free Online Healthcare Support Major Award 5M4339
Have you or someone belonging to you recently lost a job due to the downturn caused by the Covid-19 Pandemic? Are you in receipt of the new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment? Perhaps you are in receipt of another Social Protection Payment and would love to add your skills and talents to the ‘Be on call for Ireland’ campaign?
Would you consider during this period?
- taking up a unique opportunity to gain a major award in healthcare
- like to secure qualifications needed to become a healthcare assistant
- transferring your existing skills set and build a career in the healthcare industry?
If yes, then this course could be for you.
- Communications (5N0690)
- Work Experience (5N1356)
- Care Skills (5N2770)
- Care Support (5N0758)
- Safety & Health at Work (Exam) (5N1794)
Elective modules (any 3 of your choice):
- Activities of Living Patient Care (5N3707)
- Care of the Older Person (5N2706)
- Nutrition (Exam) (5N2006)
- Recovery in Mental Health (5N3773)
- Social Studies (Exam) (5N1370)
- Infection Prevention & Control (Exam
Features of this training and upskilling opportunity:
- Course fees 100% funded by Westmeath Community Development (SICAP) & the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection…. You pay nothing!
- Garda vetting service & work placement insurance provided in course fees
- During your course, you will be required to complete 20 hours of work experience per module.
- Westmeath Community Development will help you find an employer to complete your work experience with. What’s more we will help you secure paid work with that employer.
- After successfully completing this course you will be qualified to work as a healthcare assistant, carer and care worker in any HSE registered healthcare setting.
Currently there is no other manner or method to secure healthcare certification other than online. However, this course provides you with:
- The comfort of learning from your own home
- Allocates you a personal tutor to work with you throughout the entire course
- WCD will provide you with your very own training mentor who will work with you on a weekly basis providing training support and helping you devise a training plan.
- Once you have completed the first two modules we hope you will take up a job in the healthcare industry, this leaves you 9 months to complete the remaining 6 modules at your leisure.
- Don’t worry - You will continue to receive your DEASP payment while on the course
Your commitment to us: To completing the first 2 modules in a 4 to 6-week period
How to apply:
ARE YOU INTERESTED? Email Tricia McKenna at firstname.lastname@example.org for a course application/registration form or for more information.
This course will be 100% funded by Westmeath Community Development (SICAP) & the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection (DEASP)