Nationwide Revisited returned to the TV screens on Sunday May 27th at 7pm on RTÉ One with a trip to St Finian's College in Mullingar, where the Schola Cantorum was set up by the Catholic Hierarchy in 1970 to train young men in its music conservatoire.
Athlone Agri Show takes place on June 24th at the Showgrounds, Gaffey’s Farm, Moydrum, Athlone. Whatever your taste is you will find an attraction to suit you at this years agricultural show from Showing Horses, Ponies, Dressage, Show Jumping, Pedigree and Commercial Cattle, Sheep, Goats, Sheep Dog Trials, Poultry Classes and Bring/Buy/Sell Poultry Sale, Super Dog Show, Trade Stands – Indoor and Outdoor, Craft Village, Cookery Classes – Made in the Midlands Food Village. (Truly a must- come visit and taste all that is good from the Midland Producers). This will offer a platform for local producers to display their produce and speak directly to their customers about production methods, health benefits etc.
For further information go to www.athloneshow.ie
Invite for tender to deliver training in Pharmaceutical Process Operations or Drug and Device Manufacturing
Westmeath Community Development invites tenders from training agencies & providers to deliver FETAC Special Purpose Award Level 5 in Pharmaceutical Process Operations or Drug and Device Manufacturing.
The purpose of the programme is to provide an introduction to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device Sectors and an overview of the regulatory requirements to our unemployed clients who upon completion will be more eligible and skilled in obtaining employment in these sectors.
The Tender proposal will detail:
- Course Module Descriptor
- Knowledge and experience of delivering & Validating FETAC Accredited Courses
- Knowledge and experience of Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device Sectors
- Timeframe for delivery of course
- Recommended participant requirement criteria
Westmeath Community Development are pleased to announce: A GRANTS FUND is available for Groups working with Young People aged 12-18 years
Eligibility for this grant ONLY includes:
- Development of youth facilities/youth cafes within designated disadvantaged communities-(includes purchase of equipment and materials)
- Support for Comhairle na Og as a mechanism for linking the views and opinions of young people from designated disadvantaged areas into policy arenas in Co. Westmeath
- Support for arts and/or cultural awareness programmes
- Projects applied for must be added value and new initiatives
An explanatory information sheet and application form are available from firstname.lastname@example.org (please read before submitting an application)
- Grant amount groups can apply for MUST be between €2,000- €5,000
- Projects must have a focus on reducing poverty and or social exclusion
- Projects must clearly be working with young people aged 12-18yrs in one or more of the 23 disadvantaged designated areas covered by the LCDP..
Application form must be submitted in HARD COPY FORMAT and SIGNED (emails will not be accepted).
Closing Date: Friday 8th June @ 5pm.
Unfortunately applications will not be accepted after this date. Please post to ....
LCDP Co-ordinator WCDL offices
C/O ACT Business Development Centre
For further information contact Linda-Jo Quinn/Arlene Kelly on 090 64 94555
Westmeath Community Development Childcare Services have Pre-schools and After-schools located in:
- Paisti Begga
- Blackberry Lane
- Brawney Square Lissywollen
Also After-school services located in:
- Monksland Community Centre
- Battery Heights Community Centre/House
- St Paul’s Primary School
- Willow Park Community Centre
Registration Places & Times
Monksland Community Centre from 2.30pm to 5.30pm
Battery Heights Community House from 2.30pm to 5.30pm
St Paul’s Primary School from 2.30pm to 5.30pm
Willow Park Community House from 2.30pm to 5.30pm
St Mary’s Grace Park from 2.30pm to 5.30pm
Blackberry Lane Community Centre from 10am to 1.00pm (Pre-School) and 2.30pm to 5.30pm (After School)
Brawney Square Community Centre from 10am– 1pm (Pre-school) and 2.30pm to 5.30pm (After-School)
For information contact:
Sinead Casey, Childcare Services Manager on Ph: 090 64 16121 or 0877729172 , or why not email email@example.com