Job Advertisement Position: Part Time Cook (2 days per week (16 Hours))
Mullingar Homecare Services:
Position: Part Time Cook (2 days per week (16 Hours))
Mullingar Homecare Services is now recruiting for a post of Part Time Cook to work in the Mullingar Parish Centre.
The purpose of the post will be:
- To Work as part of a team to plan, prepare and serve meals in the canteen.
- To work as part of a team ensuring coverage and efficient delivery of meals.
- To work with the Co-ordinator and other staff members
- To plan, prepare and serve 5 course meals for the catering department in planned events in the centre.
- To promote and adhere to all relevant HACCP guidelines and practices required in such an environment.
This post is for 16 hours per week over 2 full days. Flexibility will be required due to project and event priorities
The successful applicant will be required to have:
- An all-round experience of catering and preparation of meals for large numbers.
- A good understanding of HACCP guidelines. Training and up skilling can be arranged if necessary.
- Good communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to work on own initiative in tight time constrained conditions.
- A familiarity to presentation of food in a catering environment.
- Flexibility of time where events may be outside normal working hours.
Job details can be obtained below or by emailing email@example.com
Please submit a Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining qualifications, experience and skills specific to the position. If posting your Curriculum Vitae, please address to Suzanne de Little, Mullingar Homecare Services Coordinator, Mullingar Homecare Services, c/o Parish Community Centre, Bishopgate Street, Mullingar, Co Westmeath by Friday 26th October 2012 at 5pm.
Shortlisting of suitable candidates will apply. References may be requested.
This post is funded by Pobal.
Mullingar Homecare Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Job Description for Cook
JOB TITLE Cook
Employer Mullingar Homecare Services
Hours of work 16 hours per week / 2 days
Project Base: Mullingar Parish Centre, Bishopgate Street, Mullingar.
MAIN TASKS / DUTIES:
- Summary of Position:
- Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Graciously and quickly fulfil any guest request possible
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Homecare Services Manager.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- The worker will report to the Manager of Mullingar Homecare Services.