The ‘Healthy Incentive for Pre-schools’ (HIP) project is an ongoing child care intervention in the midlands which aims to evaluate pre-schools’ progress through an incentive scheme to improve pre-school nutrition practices in full day care (FDC) pre-schools. These provide care for children aged 3 months to 5 years for greater than 5 hours per day.
The project aims to encourage full day care pre-schools to follow best practice in accordance with particular guidelines given to them, over the course of a year, with the help and support of health worker (HIP Supporter) who is trained to facilitate the pre-school in the award process
The HIP Supporter will carry out the following tasks:
- Visit each pre-school once in the tender period to complete agreed work.
- Collect pertinent and required information from pre-schools using the HIP Score Evaluation Form and Detailed Assessment Form.
- Compile feedback reports for each pre-school visited and provision of verbal feedback by telephone followed with postal report to each pre-school.
- Gather relevant information regarding pre-schools progress under the awards scheme
- All admin. Attached to pre-school visits and award system.
- Report on this progress at regular intervals (as agreed in timeframe).
The researcher will liaise with WCDL and the Community Nutrition & Dietetic service on a regular basis with regards to progress with the project.
- Degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics form DIT/TCD or equivalent.
- Experience in community dietetics and/or research in dietetics for young people.
- Registered as self employed ( evidence required)
- Professional indemnity insurance (evidence required)
Duration: October 2013-June 2014
Starting date: October 2013
Informal enquiries contact:
Elmary Purtill, Senior Community Dietitian, Community Nutrition & Dietetic Service, HSE Offices, Burlington Business Park, Sragh Rd, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
Email: Elmary.email@example.com; Phone: 086 6012158
Tenders to be submitted to:
Mr. Frank Murtagh, WCDL, c/o ACT, Ball Alley Lane, Athlone, Co. Westmeath.
Closing Date for tender submission: July 19th 2013, 5pm