The Jobs Club
Westmeath Community Development Ltd in conjunction with The Department of Social Protection provides a free Jobs Club service for the unemployed.
This service is for unemployed individuals to assist them in finding suitable work. The Job Club offers two main services
- A Job Seeking Skills Programme which runs for a duration of 4/3/2 weeks Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm. This is a practical course in which members develop skills, which they will use in actual job finding activities under the guidance and care of the Job Club staff.
- One to One Assistance in all aspects of the Job Seeking process is offered to individuals who may not be able to partake in the programme.
Those who register with the Job Club will:
- Receive support in all aspects of the job hunting process, sourcing employment, writing a C.V./cover letters, interview preparation etc.
- Develop job seeking skills.
- Have access to the facilities of the job club e.g. internet, stationery, postage, etc.
- Have the opportunity to identify their own strengths and skills and match them to local work opportunities.
- Develop a network of contacts which can actively assist them in obtaining work
- An expense allowance of €20 per week (Programme Participants for the 4 weeks)
Resources Available to Members:
- Free C.V. compiled
- Copies of your C.V. sent to potential employers of your choice
- Free postage for job applications
- Free telephone calls to prospective employers
- Free photocopying for Job applications
- Free typing of letter of applications
- Access to all national and local papers— job vacancies
- Access to computer and internet to source training and employment
- Interview practice by appointment
- Must be registered with Department of Social Protection
- Must be well motivated and have a positive attitude towards finding employment
- Applicants should be eligible to work in Ireland
You do not have to be on social welfare payment but if you are it will not be affected if you decide to become a member of the Jobs Club.