Festival and Events Development Specialist
Terms of Reference
Festival and Events are becoming increasingly important for Rural Communities in Westmeath in terms of creating a sense of inclusion and a vibrant community spirit in areas. They are also important in terms of generating income for rural communities. The company has supported a number of community based Festivals through provision of funding through the Rural Development Programme.
Westmeath Community Development (WCD) now wishes to engage suitably qualified person(s) to undertake a Programme of work with Festival and Event organisers in the county. This will involve working with up to 12 new or emerging community festival committees in rural Westmeath.
In supporting this vital sector the person(s) appointed will be required to:
- Provide advice and assistance around marketing, public relations, fundraising, finance etc. to organisers
- Identify training needs for event organisers
- Work with event organisers to assist them to establish a Westmeath Festivals Network
- Establish a progression route for existing festivals that demonstrate a capacity for growth.
- Provide mentoring to organisers to assist them to develop their festivals and events with a view to participating in “The Gathering” in 2013.
Time scale for delivery
It is envisaged that the specialist will work 50 days over a 12 month period in delivering the programme of work from September 2012 to September 2013.
Guidance on Presentation of Tenders
Tenders should contain the following information:
- Details of relevant experience
- Demonstrate how the individuals/organisationmeets the requirements and including CV’s of individuals who will be involved in the delivery of the contract
- Demonstrate how the contract will be managed. This should cover:
- Identification and management of any potential conflicts of interest
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Tax Clearance Certificate (valid throughout duration of project)
- Details of daily rates for everyone expected to be involved in the contract (costs should include travel and any subsistence costs anticipated)
- Details of any other organization to be used in this contract.
Completed tenders should be submitted to:
Westmeath Community Development Ltd.,
Enterprise Technology and Innovation Centre,
Clonmore Industrial Estate,
Reference: Festival and Events 12/13
Closing date: 31st July 2012