Would you like to work alongside qualified chefs in local hotels and restaurants; are you interested in a career in cooking or catering?
Let your interest and passion for cooking guide you to securing job opportunities and a career in the catering, cooking and hospitality industry.
Westmeath Community Development in conjunction with the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection delivers a Bespoke Catering/Cookery Course in the New Year!
HOW? We are offering you a chance to gain quality cooking skills and knowledge from top professionals in the industry in a commercial kitchen. During the course you will learn a range of culinary skills across many aspects of cookery:
You will gain the following on the course:
- Knife Skills
- Working in a commercial kitchen
- Gain skills in making stocks, sauces, soups
- Prepare and cook meat, fish, poultry.
- Prepare and cook vegetables and soups
- Prepare and cook breakfast, lunch and dinners
- Prepare and cook lunches, appetisers, salads and deserts
- Food and nutrition
- Baking skills, breads, scones, pastries, deserts hot and cold.
- HACCP, Occupational First Aid, Manual Handling
- Employability Skills – career opportunities in catering and cooking
- Health & Safety
- Service skills
- Course Location: WCD Training Rooms, Mullingar & Crookedwood House
- Duration & Time: 12 weeks Monday to Thursday from 10 to 4 pm
- Start date: Monday 29th January 2018
- Number of Places: 12 places – individuals 18 years +
To apply for a place on this course email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, please note limited places available so don’t hesitate.
= Transport provided for training to Crookedwood House from Mullingar =
Application & selection process includes the following:
- Application form – apply to email@example.com - registration by email only
- Interviews for a place on the course are on Tuesday 23rd January 2018
- Closing date for applications Friday 19th January 2018