Invitation to Tender - Closing Date: 15/11/2017
Westmeath Community Development invites tenders from organisations & individuals to:
- To develop a Community Development Toolkit and Resource Pack to assist the work of Community Development staff, practitioners and Community Groups in their developmental pathways.
This work should be influenced by other successful examples, both nationally and internationally, of Community Development Toolkits for use by Practitioners and Community Groups and other stakeholders.
Background and Context: SICAP is the national local community development programme. It has 3 overarching goals:
- To support individuals and community groups to address issues of social exclusion and inequality.
- To support individuals to participate in lifelong learning, education and training opportunities.
- To support individuals to access employment and self-employment.
Objective: To design and develop a Community Development Toolkit and Resource Pack for practical use by staff, groups and interested partners in formulating and assisting their development.
- Community Development Toolkit - This would include areas such as pre-development activities: strategies for engaging with local communities, how to support the establishment of new community groups/residents associations, how to re-activate existing community groups/residents associations, how to undertake a community profile & needs analysis, creating community action plans, corporate governance and other relevant areas.
- Resource Pack – Design and develop templates to be used when working with communities and stakeholders, for example of action plans, community audits, and SCOT analysis.
- Meet with SICAP staff and relevant agencies to review work and processes used. Hold at least 2 full day consultations.
- Research resource toolkits providing practical example of good practise.
- Plan and develop new resource toolkit content based on consultation carried out with SICAP staff and relevant agencies.
- Develop a Community Development Toolkit to assist the work of Community Development staff practitioners and Community Groups in their developmental pathways.
- Develop a Resource Pack to assist the work of Community Development staff, practitioners and Community Groups in their developmental pathways.
The closing date for Tenders is Wednesday, 15th November 2017.
Timeframe for completing the toolkit and resource pack: To commence the week beginning Monday 20th November, and be completed no later than Friday 15th December 2017.
Bidders will be notified of the outcome of this tender exercise no later than 17th November 2017. The successful bidder will be expected to start the week beginning Monday 20th November 2017.
Westmeath Community Development shall be under no obligation to accept the lowest, or any tender, and tenderers shall submit offers on the basis of so doing at no cost to the company.
Tender value is the final value and cannot be adjusted.
Tendering individuals/organisations may be requested to attend an interview. A selection panel may be established to review the tenders received.
Tenders should be addressed to:
Ref: Tender - 112017
Westmeath Community Development,
Enterprise, Technology and Innovation Centre,
Clonmore Business Park,